Resourcing Families provides information and ideas for families, friends and allies of people with disability so that they can have knowledge, skills, confidence and networks to plan a good life for and with a person with disability.
You will find stories from families, video clips, 'how to' documents, fact sheets, articles, policy documents and links to resources that will help you to both plan and implement ideas.
There are also a range of events that you can attend - including information sessions, workshops, webinars, and guest speaker presentations.
Resourcing Families will help you to:
- Have a positive vision for your family member.
- Build networks of informal support.
- Make informed decisions.
- Have more control of the services and supports available.
- Have the confidence to direct your own supports.
- Learn from the experience of others so that you don't reinvent the wheel.
Resourcing Families offers:
- Information and advice via the phone and email.
- Mentoring opportunities.
- Other resources.
Resourcing Families is an initiative of Family Advocacy http://www.family-advocacy.com/
Family Advocacy is an independent, disability organisation working across NSW, Australia. Family Advocacy has been working with families in NSW for more than 21 years.
Resourcing Families receives funding from Ageing, Disability and Home Care, Department of Human Services NSW.